Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm here and I'm ready

Hi! I'm Trish and I'm going to run 10km. No, seriously, I am!

I've just completed my first round of the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. I loved it and I lost 15.1kg during the 12 weeks. Yay for me!


I did the Intermediate program in my first round (and the first round of 2013) and I feel pretty fit and capable now. Had a blast working out with Michelle at the Group Workout last weekend and really enjoyed attending the cocktail party. 

This round I'm changing it up and doing the Learn to Run 10km program. Last round I exercised 6 days a week and only missed two sessions but I did find that fitting the workout in to my day required a little bit more selfishness than I had anticipated and my husband, John, was very patient but also slightly grumpy on occasion with my prioritisation... Doing a running program means I can do 3 days a week at lunchtime until near the end of the program and this will give John a rest :)

Today I did my 12 minute Run Test and I went 1900m in the 12 minutes. Being female and 40ish this means that I've just made it into the "Now you're flying" category. That was unexpected but a nice surprise!

On Sunday I am going to run in the Mother's Day Classic in Melbourne. I'm doing the 4km course and running as part of the 12wbt team - maybe I will see some of you there. My niece, Caitlyn, and my friend, Kathryn, are running with me and John, my brother, my sister-in-law and my Mum are doing the 4km walk.

I've run the course twice over the last two weeks so I think I'm ready! I'll let you know on Monday ;)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your strength. You just project an "I will do it" attitude. Love it. Look forward to reading more!!

    Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish you are an Inspiration for all of us to start thinking about our own health Situations Thanks for Sharing and taking us on your Journey. Looking forward to hearing more of how you are going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cass and Di! I appreciate your support and look forward to sharing my journey with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, and you can definitely do this! What a great transformation you've already had. You are going to fly with the 10k program!! PS: Now I've put you on my feedly so I can follow your progress!!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete